Raksha Bandhan 2022: Raksha Bandhan is the most popular Festival in India. This Year the tradition will be going to observe on 11th August 2022. Every year the festival is celebrated in the auspicious month of Sarvana Poornima. It is Said that the Rituals of Raksha Bandhan should not be done during Bhadra, because it is Malicious. On the Day of the Rakhi Festival sister tie a holy thread on the wrist of her brother, apply Tilak on his forehead, and prays for his Long Life. for this Return, the Brothers offer Gifts, and promise to Protect their Sister in each and every condition.
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2022?
In 2022, The Festival of Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on August 11.
Significance of Raksha Bandhan
Raksha Bandhan festival is also known as Rakhi Poornima because it falls on the Full moon day of the Holy Month of Sarvana. Raksha Bandhan is the celebration of the strong bond that exists between every Brother and Sister with a beautiful thread of Rakhi. Raksha Bandhan eve comes every year and is awaited by everyone. Peoples send “Rakhi” to India as well as other parts of the World.
Raksha Bandhan 2022: History
The Story behind Raksha Bandhan is related to Mahabharata. In this Hindu epic, Once Lord Sri Krishna’s finger was cut and started bleeding. By seeing this Draupadi then tore a piece of cloth from her saree and tied his finger to stop the bleeding. This piece of Cloth then becomes a sacred thread. Lord Krishna Promised Draupadi that he will protect her entire life.
Raksha Bandhan Shubh Muhurat 2022
- Shubh Muhurat for the Rakhi Tying Ceremony: 06:07 AM to 05:59 PM
- Total Duration for Rakhi Tying Ceremony: 11 Hours 52 Minutes
- Aparahan Time during Raksha Bandhan 2022: 01:48 PM to 04:22 PM
- Rakhi Purnima Start From: 11th August 2022 at 10:38 AM
- End of Rakhi Purnima: 12th August 2022 at 07:05 AM
Raksha Bandhan Puja Vidhi
- Before starting the Raksha Bandhan ceremony take a Fresh Bath and take blessing from Kuldevi and Kuldevtas.
- Now Hold the Holy tread of “Rakhi” in Silver, Brass, and Copper Plate along with Akshat, Roli, and Sindoor.
- Now Place Rakhi Plate in the place of Worship.
- Brother needs to Face the East Side when Sister tie-up “Rakhi” on his wrist.
- Now Sister needs to Apply Tilak on the Forehead of his Brothers.
- Both Brother and Sister should share Sweets after the ceremony.
- Now, Brother should Promise for his sister to be there in her each and every situation.