Teacher’s Day 2019 Date, Celebration, Speech, Quotes: A good teacher always has a good impact in shaping the life of an individual even more than one’s parents. According to the Indian culture, the teacher is always regarded with a position which is above the almighty God. The proper guidance and support from a good teacher are very important in life to achieve something. Every successful individual always appreciates the constructive role which was played by his teacher in their school or college days.
Teacher’s contribution is priceless for a student’s life. Teachers work in the most honest way while performing duties towards shaping the career of students. Apart from academics and other personal or extracurricular activities of students are taken care of by him. A student can blindly rely on his teacher for guidance on each and every aspect of life and a good teacher never disappoints his students.
What’s Special on Teacher’s Day 2019?
The Teacher’s Day is celebrated every year on 5th September. This year it will fall on Thursday. India will be celebrating the day in order to commemorate the birth anniversary of our first VicePresident and a remarkable teacher- Dr, Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. The day is celebrated every year with so much enthusiasm by the students throughout the country. Children have already started the preparations for presentations, gifts, and speeches for their teachers to show their love and respect for teachers.
Origins of Teacher’s Day
The day was marked as a teacher’s day celebration in the year 1962. It was the birthday of Dr. Sarvapalli RadhaKrishanan who was born on 5th September in 1888. He was a great scholar, philosopher, and teacher of modern India. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1954. Indian Teacher’s Day is thus different from the World Teacher’s Day which is celebrated on 5th October.
Celebration of Teacher’s Day
On this day the students of schools and colleges arrange and perform various types of cultural programs and different activities as a token of love and respect for the teachers. Outstanding teachers are also given prizes for the contribution to the development of schools and bringing good results from the students. Some students also give gifts to their favorite teachers so as to express their affection and gratitude. Role of teachers is very important in making the nation stronger.
PM Modi Speech on Teacher’s Day
On the evening of Teacher’s Day 2018, our Prime Minister held a meeting with the awardees of Nation Award for the teachers 2018. He felicitated them applauding for their extraordinary contributions and performances. He also motivated all of them to continue doing such great work towards their students. According to PM Modi:
“Teaching is not just another profession. It is a responsibility to guide and enlighten. We must once again give respect to our teachers and regain that status where India becomes the power of knowledge for the entire world.”
Teacher’s Day 2019 Quotes & Sayings
- Until all the teachers get their due it will be difficult to bring about a drastic change.
- India is a youthful nation. Can’t we think of exporting new teachers outside the country?
- If your education is not so well enough then your experience will teach you good lessons.
- A good teacher, first of all, must hold the audience’s attention like a good entertainer and then he should go on to teach further lessons.
- It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken the joy in the creative expression in knowledge.
- I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. – Khalil Gibran
- The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see. – Alexandra K. Trenfor
- The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- Wishing you joy and happiness, you are an amazing teacher, and you only deserve the best. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- We will always be thankful to you for all the hard work and efforts you have put in, for educating us.
- May not say it always but, I mean it whenever I say it. Thank You, Teacher, For all the things you have done for me. Happy Teachers Day!
- Dear teacher, Thanks for supporting and enlightening all my way. If only I could have your blessing for a lifetime, I would succeed the way I have done always. Have a wonderful World Teachers Day!
- It takes a big heart to help shape little minds. Thank you, dear teacher, for all you have done for me over the years. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- Dear Teacher, thank you for continually inspires me to do my best. You help me strive for goals, I found guidance, friendship, discipline and love, everything, in one person. And that person is you. Happy Teacher’s Day!