Eid-Ul-Adha 2019 Significance, Celebration, Wishes, Messages: Eid-Ul-Adha also is known as Id-ul-Zuha or Bakrid is an Islamic festival whose celebration is to begin among Muslims all over the world. The day commemorates the sacrificial will of the Prophet Abraham, on the command of God(Allah). The former one was ready to sacrifice his won life on the latter’s command.
It was though God intervened in the last moment to save Abraham’s son Ishmael from being sacrificed. It is also called as Greater Eid as it already has the most significant of the two Eid festival and also other being Eid-ul-Fitr. The celebration of the festival also marks the end of annual Hajj pilgrimage to the holy town of Mecca.
This year the festival will be celebrated on 12th August 2019. The exact date of the festival will definitely vary from country to country depending on the sight of the moon.
When is the Day Celebrated?
The festival of Eid-ul-Adha is celebrated based on the Islamic Hijri Calendar. It is the lunar calendar which consists of 12 lunar months. It is celebrated either on 10th day of the 12th and last month of Dhu-al-Hijjah or Zulhijia.
Meaning of Eid-al-Adha and Story Behind it
In the Arabic Eid refers to a holiday and Adha is a reference to sacrifice. Hence Eid-al-Adha means a holiday of sacrifice or we can call it as a festival of sacrifice. The story behind it based on the Binding of Issac which is stated in the old testament of the Bible. One day God commands Abraham to give his son as a sacrifice. The sacrifice was to be done on the mountains of Moriah which is located in Jerusalem.
There is a conflict in this that says according to Muslims it was commanded on the small hills of Marwa and Safa which is in the vicinity of Kaaba in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Coming back to the story, Abraham is a strong disciple of the Allah got agreed to sacrifice his son. HE took around three days to the mountain which was told as the location. HE then asked his servant to stay there and he along with Issac moved on into the hills.
Being unknown of the sacrifice, Issac questioned him saying that where is the animal for sacrifice. He was answered that god will himself provide the animal. Just when he was ready to sacrifice his son an angel appeared. Abraham turned back and saw that he has sacrificed the goat instead of Issac. Allah was very pleased by the obedience of Abraham and gifted him money prosperity and descendants.
Eid-Ul-Adha Rituals And Celebration?
During the festival, all Muslims throngs to mosques so as to offer afternoon prayer to Allah. The prayers are performed as a congregation on the 10th Dhu-Al-Hijjah. This participation of women in the prayers differs from section to section. These prayers for three days are considered as mandatory for each Muslim. People embrace each other and also offer greetings after the prayers.
The animal for the sacrifice can be anything from the camel to cow, goat, sheep or male goat. There is also a certain criterion for the animal to get sacrificed and they are of age and health otherwise it will not be fit for the sacrifice. The men and women are dressed in new clothes and also meet their relatives. The custom of charity is also followed by many people to offer the poo, also a chance to have a proper Eid feast and mosques, as well as other Muslim communities, may arrange feasts.
Eid-Ul-Adha/Eid Mubarak 2019 Wishes, Quotes & Messages
- May the divine blessings of Allah bring you hope, faith, and joy on Eid Al-Adha and forever. Happy Eid Al-Adha!
- May the divine blessings of Allah bring you hope, faith, and joy on Eid-Ul-Adha and forever. Happy Eid Ul Adha 2019
- Having you in my life is a blessing and on Eid Ul Adha. I wish that it stays forever. Eid Mubarak!!
- Eid Ul Adha Mubarak: It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: It is your piety that reaches him: he has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for his guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do right.
- Eid Mubarak! May the blessings of Allah keep your heart and home happy and joyous!
- May Allah bring you joy, happiness, peace, and prosperity on this blessed occasion. Wishing you and your family on this happy occasion of Eid! Eid Mubarak!
- He is the One God; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, most wise. (Koran 59:24)
- Asslaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh, On behalf of the entire crew of the enlightenment into Islam Centre, we would like to wish you and your family on the joyous occasion of Eid Ul Adha.
- May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your soul with spiritual, your mind with wisdom, wishing you a very Happy Eid.
- On the Holy occasion of Eid Al-Adha that celebrates the Hajj, may you be filled with happiness and may every step of your journey through life be blessed by Allah. Eid Mubarak!
- Sending you warm wishes on Eid and wishing that it brings your way ever joys and happiness. Remember me in your prayers.
- May the magic of this Eid bring lots of happiness in your life and may you celebrate it with all your close friends & may it fill your heart with wonders. Eid Mubarak.