Assam Final NRC List 2019 Released: The final National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam has been finally published on Saturday, 31st August 2019. There have been a total number of 3,11,21,004 people who have been counted in the final NRC list.
There was also the total number of 19,06,657 people which also comprised of those who did not submit their claims have been now left out.
Till date, the National Register of Citizen (NRC) is the biggest drive held in India in order to verify or confirm the citizenship in India. The main objective of this drive is to identify illegal immigrants who entered as well as settled in Assam, mainly from Bangladesh, after March 25, 1971, and deport them to their native nation.
State Coordinator of NRC, Prateek Hajela, has also said in this regard that, “Those not satisfied with the outcome can file an appeal before Foreigners Tribunals.”
In the Assam Final NRC List 2019, the NRC is said to be comprised of the names of all Indian citizens who have been living in Assam before 25th March 1971. Previously, the final draft was published on July 30, 2018, at all NRC Seva Kendra (NSK) all over the state, which then later also created a huge controversy over the exclusion of 40.7 lakh people from it. The draft list comprised of the names of 2.9 crore people out of the total number of 3.29 crore applications.
If in case there is someone who is not happy with the decision of the Foreigners’ Tribunal, then he/she can go for an approach to the Guwahati High Court as well as even the Supreme Court.
In the meantime, those who are confirmed as illegal migrants by the Foreigners’ Tribunals, are now going to be taken to detention camps and locked in that up till they are deported to their native country.
How To Check the Final NRC Status
Now, as the list is out, people are eligible to check their final NRC status only if they want to:
- Submitted a claim upon not being involved in the final draft list (published on 30 July 2018)
- Were left out in the Additional Draft Exclusions List (published on 26 June 2019)
- Had any objection filed against their addition
- Were called for hearings held from 5 July 2019 straight on
The public who are involved in the final NRC and may not check their application status if they are:
- Incorporated in the final Draft list
- Not left out in Additional Draft Exclusions List
- Not called for hearings held from 5 July 2019 straight on.
How an Individual can check their name in the National Register of Citizens list?
There are mainly two methods through which one can check their names in the National Register of Citizens list and those are Offline and Online method.
In order to check the names in the supplementary inclusion list in offline method, you can visit your NRC Seva Kendra, the office of Circle Officer or Office of Deputy Commissioner on all working days and the timings will be from 10 am to 4 pm.
- At first, you have to log on to the websites at nrcassam.nic.inor www.assam.mygov.in
- On the homepage, check on the link that says, “Supplementary Inclusions/Exclusions Lists (Final NRC) status”
- Now, you have to enter your Application Reference Number (ARN) in order to check if your name has been added to the final NRC list.