How To Apply For Passport Online: Passport is one of the very important documents of an individual especially if you are traveling from one place to another. Without a passport, you can’t travel to any foreign country and therefore you must apply for your passport as soon as it is possible.
Well, nowadays it becomes very easy and simple to Apply for Your Passport because now you can apply for it from online and if you much about your passport and don’t know how to apply online then you must read the following article.
Types of Passport issued in India
Here is the list of the passport that has been issued in India and these are as follows:
Regular Passport or Tourist Passport:
This kind of Passport is denoted as “Type P” passport where “P” stands for Personal and is issued for ordinary residents of India for the purpose of international travel for studies, vacation, or any other business trips.
It is denoted as “Type S” where “S” stands for Service and is issued for government officials who are representing India on official business.
This type of passport is denoted as “Type D” where “D” stands for Diplomatic and is issued to the Indian diplomats as well as top-ranking government officials who are making International visits in order to represent India.
Other than this, there are also two additional special types of passports that are authorized to be issued by selected passport offices in India as well as Overseas. These are as follows:
This type of Passport is issued to Indian national residents living in West Bengal and the North-Eastern States and is only valid for traveling to Bangladesh and not to any other foreign nations.
Indo-Sri Lankan Passports:
This type of passport is issued to Indian national residents living in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry and is valid for only traveling to Sri Lanka and not to any other foreign nations.
Documents Required To Issue Passport
Other than the Passport Application, there are many documents that are required to issue a passport and these documents are as follows:
- Proof of Present Address
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Birth Certificate issued under the Registration of Births and death Act
- Pension Payment Order (for pensioners)
- Ration Card
- Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) or Voters ID
- Permanent Account Number (PAN Card)
- Bank/ Kisan/ Post Office Passbooks
- Documentary proof for any one of the Non-ECR categories
- Birth Registration Certificate issued by Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of India
- Old Passport (if in case of renewal) in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages
- Passport of Parents (in case of minors i.e. age below 18) in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages
- If you are married then, an attested copy of the marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage is required.
- Photo identity Card of Student issued by an Educational institution
- Driving License
Online Form Submission; How To Apply For Passport Online?
Step 1: At first, you have to register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. (Click on the link “Register Now” on the Home Page).
Step 2: Now, Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the Login Id that you have created in the previous step.
Step 3: Click on the link which says “Apply for Background Verification for GEP”.
Step 4: After that fill in the required details in the form and then click on submit.
Step 5: Now, click on the link “Pay and Schedule Appointment” on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen in order to schedule an appointment.
It is compulsory to make an online payment for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras/Passport Offices and it can be done with these modes:
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks and Other Banks)
Step 6: After that, you have to click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt covering the Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
Step 7: Now, visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where the appointment has been booked, together with original documents.
If You have not got Your Passport and are worried about going through the Activity of getting the process Done at the Passport Office then there is a relief for You. Now You Can Apply for Your Passport Online by finishing all Steps completely. You are able to Also Apply for a Passport from Your Nearest Post Office.